The New Germantown Bridge was built in 1891 by John W. Fry. This single span mulitiple Kingpost with Queenpost Truss bridge is 74 feet long by 12 feet wide with an interior height of 13 feet 9 inches. Planking is 2 inch by 16 feet with the top layer of 16 feet laid lengthwise. It has stone and mortar wingwalls. The bridge is located in Toboyne Townshjip near New Germantown and is owned by Perry County.
Posted on the National Register of Historical Places August 25, 1980 NRHP Ref 80003600 and World Guide to Covered Bridges No. 38-50-11
GPS 40 18.40 N 77 34.09 W or 40.306783 -77.568179
From Interstate 81 (Exit67) take Rt 322/22 aproximately 20 miles to the Exit for Newport and New Bloomfield. Turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Rt 34.
Travel 1 mile and cross the Juniata River on the old Iron Bridge, continuing straight through town (Market St) to the stop sign at the corner of 4th and Market St. Turn left and continue on Rt 34 for 5 miles to New Bloomfield.
At the Square in New Bloomfield continue straight through on Rt 274. Travel 19 miles to Blain. Turn left in Blain on Rt 274 and travel 3.7 miles to New Germantwon. In New Germantown turn left on Lower Buck Ridge Road. The bridge, which spans Sherman’s Creek, is a short distance down the road.