The two-story brick schoolhouse was built in 1873 at the corner of High and Maple streets at a cost of $9275. The cupola contained a two hundred pound bell from VanDusen and Tift of Cincinnati. All grades used the four-room school until it closed in 1923. It was used by many organization including: Aldon Industries, The Duncannon Record, The Kinghts of Pythias, Masons, Women’s Bridge Club, and the updstairs social hall hosted many community events. In the 1950’s it was again pressed into services as a school during the consolidation of schools and before the opening of Susquenita. A coal gas explosion and fire in January 1954 severely damaged the structure. It was removed in 1965.