Blain Fire Company, Inc.
The Blain Fire Company, Inc. was organized in November 1945 by the Lions Club of Blain and Borough Council. The Company provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services to five municipalities in western Perry County including Blain Borough and the Townships of Toboyne, Jackson, Southwest Madison and Northeast Madison. The fire district covers 133 square miles with a large portion of that being the Tuscarora State Forest.
The fire/rescue side of the Company is 100% volunteer with approximately thirty (30) to thirty-five (35) firefighters while the EMS side does provide compensation to some crew members.
Blain fire truck. 1946 Seagrave.
James C Rickard General Store and residence ca. 1900. Now the home of the Blain Fire Company.
Sponsored by the Blain Fire Company, the Blain Fire Company Ambulance and the Ladies Auxiliary of the Blain Fire Company